Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Tomorrow Has Arrived.

Another day snowed in. My hubby and I have looked at each other and said, "think of all we could do with this time." Let's be productive, we fantasize.

Yes, fantasize because for a few simple reasons we will not be productive.

*A word on productivity. I am addicted to productivity. All day (and often at night in bed) I think of all the things I could be doing. There is always more I could do, and do more efficiently. It's a curse. It means I don't relax well. I try to compartmentalize my time--work now, play later--but in the back of my mind, I am thinking about how I can be more productive. Like doing crunches while playing dollhouse with Eloise.*

Back to the reasons we will not be productive (paying bills, organizing my tax materials, preparing for my Bible study I start in a couple of weeks, finishing up Cordelia's room, laundry, scrapbook, etc) today during this snow storm.

1. Our toddler. Can anyone be productive when shut in with a toddler for days on end?
2. The weather channel. We're monitoring this storm from our window and tv. Just to make sure we have up to date information.
3. We've planned a neighborhood pot luck for tonight. Can't be productive when you plan a party!
4. It's boring. Do I really want to do taxes in February? No.
5. Lazy. 3 months of sleep interruption. Just want to snuggle on the couch.
6. No one to see my progress. Let's me honest: I perform best for others, not myself. And no one is here to see me.

So, to sum up today, we will NOT be productive. We will enjoy our "SNOWCATION."

4 comments:

gwen said...

I call your neighborhood potluck very productive! Certainly making the very best use of the situation - unlike organizing taxes or even Bible Study planning! Crunches while playing doll house work too!

Laura // Elizabeth said...

Ha! We don't have snow days but I feel like I think the same way. I'm a list maker... and ever since I've had Madison, it seems that the majority of my list gets shuffled to the next day. I don't know what in the world I'm going to do when I return to work. I guess I'll be forced into being productive on my days off :) Have fun on your snow day!

Mel said...

All our snow has made me depressed...snow-pression? I have all the time in the world to be products but no motivation. Where are you snowed in?

Alex and Emily said...

We're in southern Maryland. Still being pounded and hoping our electricity (and roof) holds out.