Monday, February 22, 2010

Not Me Monday

Another Not Me Monday at MckMama's. Click on over to see others or participate yourself!


Cordelia is 3 1/2 months old and I don't have my waist quite back again. No big deal. And that's certainly not going to get in the way of a good time.

So when we went skiing this past weekend, I did NOT wear ski pants that didn't fit. I did NOT leave my button undone and my fly down. I'm much to put together for that.

At first I figured it didn't matter much. At least my coat covered most of it while standing, and while sitting, no one would notice.




Well, Eloise and I went on our last run up the magic carpet. A kid in front of us was messing around on his board and got stuck. Eloise and I were headed right for him. In a heroic move to save Eloise from the crash, I pick her up, manage to get one ski on the side but can't get my second leg over. I end up doing the splits. Eloise is frightened and crying. We recover and ski down the hill.

Needless to say, she did not want to ski again. We were both hot and bothered so we strip down in the lodge. No coat = button and zipper completely exposed. And I didn't care a bit.

Then Eloise, who's only wearing long underwear and no shoes yells "I GOTTA GO!" So I grab her and start jogging to the bathrooms (time was of the essence). And she starts yelling "I'M GOING! I'M GOING PEE!!" (Translation: I'm going to the bathroom to go potty, not I'm actually peeing as my mom runs through the very crowded room in pants that are too small, unbuttoned and not even zipped. But no one else knew that.)

To recap: I did NOT go skiing with pants too small and run through a crowded lodge with a daughter yelling "I'm going pee." That did NOT happen. :-)



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is priceless!

Anonymous said...

Oh the memories that conjures up! I can still hear that small voice in the back seat saying "Qwickwee, qwickwee mommie" as I was driving alone on a Detroit expressway, in a not so great neighborhood, with three kids three years old and under!

Stephanie said...

I absolutely LOVE this! I am picturing it in my head and laughing. She sounds super cute. And I'm all about the fact that you were going to have fun and weren't going to let too small of ski pants stop you. Way to go!

Emily said...

So sweet! Looking forward to more snow action this weekend!