Monday, February 15, 2010

Not Me Monday

Time for another Monday carnival at MckMama's. Click on the button below to see what other ladies are NOT doing.


After a recent visit to the doctor, I realized just how guilty I feel about some of our eating habits at home. I don’t feel bad about what Alex and I eat. We’re adults, after all, and we can eat what we want. Toddlers cannot, or should not, eat whatever they want. They’re growing little people. They need nutritious food.

That is why I lie to our doctor. Well, not lie, but stretch the truth….frequently.

Doc: “How do you handle sweets in your house?”

Me: “I try not to keep them around. They’re so tempting.” LIE. We always have ice cream in the freezer. Alex and I eat some every night.

Doc: “Great. So how often does she eat sweets?”

Me: “Oh, you know, the occasional treat.” ANOTHER LIE

Here is what I Don’t Do:

I do not bribe Eloise to go for a walk in the stroller with a treat from the store.

I do not make up for a lack of donuts at church with cupcakes when we get home. (ahem, yesterday)

I do not bribe Eloise to use the potty with gummy worms. (Chocolate chips didn’t work, but gummy worms did.)

Truth be told, we eat A LOT of sweets. (Yum.) But at least my child also likes asparagus. That’s good, right? (Oh man, I'm a terrible mom!)


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

really funny! i think we all tell small little lies to the doctor.

gwen said...

hmm.... what were you doing with cupcakes at home? He! He! glad the snow let you get to church.

Momof3inVA said...

Haha - LMAO on that...That is too funny! I have NEVER done that either (well, did you see my post of my child eating chocolate at 8am this morning!?!?!) I wonder if doctor have built in lie detectors...I sure hope not! ;)

JLal said...

hahaha hilarious, em!

Lauren said...

ummm...no comment! ha ha, don't worry - even doctors tell other doctors small white lies. and eat ice cream on a regular basis. and chocolate.

trust me - it's the four bags of flaming hot cheetos a day and eating fast food for dinner five nights a week that does you in. (i've seen that happen)

you're
a great mom!!!