Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Why do I blog when there is laundry to fold?

Why do I blog when there is laundry to fold and a dishwasher to empty and 1,000 toys to pick-up and 2 sweaters that need to be hand washed that have been sitting on the laundry machine for 4 weeks?

That's a very good question!

My neighbor is a physician's assistant.  And so she cares for lots of patients everyday.  Her boss gave her an unusual assignment for tomorrow, though.  She is to do a webinar (which is a new word for me) about de-stressing during the holidays.

I laughed out loud when she told me this today.

1.  I love the term webinar.
2.  She's never used power point and is now clicking away to figure the program out.
3.  De-stress during the holidays?  That's a joke, right?  I mean, come on, what would the holidays be if there was no stress.  Stress is what makes the holidays happen.  We all know that if I didn't run around making gifts and cookies and decorating and touring the neighborhood lights and attending parties and chairing the pageant, it wouldn't be very fun....I know, I know, we could sit around and ponder the meaning of Christmas...but that wouldn't be very festive, would it?  (I'm party kidding, I'm partly serious.)

So I laughed at her.  And like any good leader, she enlisted my help.  (When someone is against you, bring them on your team.  Great leadership idea.)  So I'm supplying her with some photos of Christmas and stress and my limited power point knowledge  This is what I came up with.











So why do I blog when I have a billion chores to do?  Because blogging is fun to me.  And blogging is a de-stress for me.  And I don't have to blog so it's naturally so much more enjoyable.  Doing things that I have to do is really no fun at all.

I hope your holidays are stressful/not stressful/stressful enough to be full/stressless enough to contemplate the reason for the season.

And I hope my photos of my everyday life--chaos and beauty/stress and fun-- can reach some of the attendees of my neighbor's webinar.  If nothing else, it's sure to make a few people smile, right?

2 comments:

Mrs. Miller said...

Must GO TO BED... but great post. I will read it with more alert eyes tomorrow - for tonight I loved the gist and the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Oh I LOVE THIS POST!

It makes me want to jump up and down, smiling, while fist pumping into the air.

Can't wait to see you four - admist the stress (and as a part of Alex's stress, no doubt, unfortunately as a side effect) and enjoying it all!

Love!!!