Monday, May 31, 2010

Not Me Monday

It's been ages since I've participated in MckMama's Not Me Monday.  And I've missed the cathartic nature of confessing my many imperfections.

Here's what I've NOT been up to lately, wink wink.



Mckmama- Not Me Monday

I have NOT been without my dear husband for the last few days.  And I have missed him dearly, but NOT for the most selfish reasons.  

I do NOT miss him helping me in the middle of the night with the little ones.  I do NOT miss him most when I'm awake from 2-4am with an ever chipper 3 year old who can't go back to sleep after having an accident in bed.  I can NOT wait to see him so that he can help split the work load when Cordelia continues to cough herself awake every 2 hours.  NO, I am absolutely NOT that self absorbed.  Nor exhausted.  Nor lazy.  Nor needy. NOT ME!

Just to prove that I'm NOT lazy nor exhausted, I will NOT tell you how the soiled sheets from 2 nights ago are still on the bed.  I did NOT just tell Eloise to switch beds so that I wouldn't have to change her sheets.  And it's been over 48 hours, and I still have NOT washed them.  Nope, NOT ME!

And as if that wasn't bad enough, I have NOT napped when I could this past few days to catch up on my sleep.  I have NOT tried to get more rest so that I'm a nicer and healthier person.  Instead, I have NOT read an entire book.  (Sarah Pekkanen's new book The Opposite of Me.  Sarah is my sweet neighbor and an excellent author.  It's a great vacation read.  Chick Lit.  But also a very real look at identity and quarter life crises, which I don't know about you, but everyone is having them these days.)  Anyway, NOT ME.  I'm a responsible mother who puts her health first.  Obviously.

Happy Monday!  What have you NOT been doing lately?

No comments: