Saturday, May 15, 2010

Lessons From Preschoolers

Cordelia took an exceptionally long nap this morning.  Alex worked all day.  So, Eloise and I had an extended play time together.  It was super sweet to have some uninterrupted time with her.

We cuddled for a while and I told her how smart she was, beautiful she was, creative she was, and so on and so on.  After my long list of accolades, Eloise looked at me and said,

"I can do anything!" 

After too many years of knowing that's not true and becoming too concerned about the people around me, Eloise's acclamation was music to my ears.

It's easy to feel discouraged and inadequate and hopeless.  But thanks to you, Eloise, today, maybe just for a small time, I was reminded that I was specially made and can do anything with God's help.

4 comments:

Mrs. Miller said...

Thank you for sharing, Emily.

Some call me Neesie. said...

Seeing the world anew through their young innocent eyes ... priceless.
:D

Molly said...

THANKS, ELOISE!

Anonymous said...

this is SUCH an Emily face!