Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Inspector

The inspector is here today.  Turns out this house has not been tested for lead.  And he just told me that he's sure the house will fail.

And he's frightening me.

(This is real time blogging.  He is still here.  In fact, he's like just yards from me.  And he has no idea what I'm doing right now.  Kinda funny.)

Anyway.  We've been talking about poisoning and lead and these unpleasant things.

And I'm getting nervous.  Add that to the list of the lime disease scare in the area.  The rabie infested raccoon in my backyard.  The toxins in plastics.  The toxins in the fire retardant clothes my baby wears.  The fear of bumpers in the crib.

The fears are endless.  This world is a dark place!  And it's scary when I think about all that could go wrong.

So I won't.  I won't be afraid Mr. Inspector Man.  (The man who thinks having more than 2 children is not a responsible decision.  Sorry dude, I'm giving this baby thing at least one more try!)

Instead, I will not fear for my God is with me.  I can't imagine doing this life thing on my own.

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." Psalm 23: 4

2 comments:

gremm said...

I hope the inspector is wrong about the lead!

Unknown said...

Even if he is, you child has to literally EAT lead paint to suffer any sort of lead poisoning. I fretted over this when we were painting our house and I don't even HAVE children yet. If the report isn't good, a coat of oil-based primer will seal in the lead and you'll be fine.
I can't believe he told you how many children you should have! Totally personal choice, sheesh.