Saturday, August 7, 2010

Life as a Priest

People often ask Alex what he does all week.  I mean, other than Sunday mornings, what else is there to do?

Well let me tell you.

Today, Saturday mind you, Alex visited 4 new little babies and 3 sets of parents in the hospital before he performed a lengthy Nigerian wedding.  

All in a days work.

And what do I do when my husband works all day Saturday?  I eat donuts, go to the zoo, fix lunch, clean-up lunch, hug my girls, push Eloise on the bike while pushing Cordelia in the stroller (that takes talent, folks), kick the ball, pretend to be a monster, fix dinner, kiss my husband as he walks in the door at 5:30, head to the hardware store to get mouse traps, canning goods, among other things, head the grocery store, come home to help put the girls to sleep, clean the house, blog, and then (as soon as I move my rear that stuck to this chair) I will start preparing the lunch for your Young Adult luncheon that's happening here tomorrow after church.

All in a days work.

3 comments:

gwen said...

Too bad there's not enough time in the day for you both to do all that together!

gwen said...

PS It's good you tell us what all Alex does; it's easy to forget what we don't see.

Hawley said...

I'd like to point out that although he is the priest, you are the priest's wife (which you obviously know ;) ... in the sense that you're working, too! Way to go, preparing the luncheon. Wish we could be a part of it!

How wonderful that there are so many little ones to meet and so many sweet things to do - even if apart from one another.

Love yall! And way to go! :)