Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Inspiration

My love for Mumford and Sons continues.  Eloise can carry a really nice tune and sings phrases of their songs all the time.  When they use the f-word, we just say "mess" so no need to worry there.  I can can no longer go without printing their lyrics here.  But where do I start?  


Let's start with track #1.


Sigh No More
Serve God love me and men
This is not the end
Live unbruised we are friends
And I'm sorry
I'm sorry

Sigh no more, no more
One foot in sea, one on shore
My heart was never pure
You know me
You know me

And man is a giddy thing
Oh man is a giddy thing
Oh man is a giddy thing
Oh man is a giddy thing

Love that will not betray you,
dismay you or enslave you
It will set you free
Be more like the man 
you were made to be.
There is a design,
An alignment to cry,
At my heart you see,
The beauty of love
as it was made to be

I've been lacking in inspiration lately when it comes to the blog.  What to write when our routine is becoming too predictable.  There isn't much to say when I'm just putting one foot in front of the other going through life.

But right now, my husband came home and then promptly took the children to our neighbor's house to see all their wild animals.  And I've been given a window of time to listen to M&S, upload some new photos, and tell you that I'm dreaming a lot about photography.  I'm reading some good books, developing and refining a vision, and hoping to take some gorgeous photos of many of you this Spring and Summer.  (I'm always confused as to whether Spring and Summer are supposed to be capitalized.  And I'm too lazy to look it up.  I always capitalize them because they play important roles in my life and I love the different seasons so much.  I'm a Christian.  Don't worry.  No mother earth worship here.  Just lovin' on the seasons.)


Serve God love me and men
This is not the end
Live unbruised we are friends
And I'm sorry
I'm sorry

Sigh no more, no more
One foot in sea, one on shore
My heart was never pure
You know me
You know me



And man is a giddy thing
Oh man is a giddy thing
Oh man is a giddy thing
Oh man is a giddy thing



Love that will not betray you,
dismay you or enslave you
It will set you free
Be more like the man 
you were made to be.
There is a design,
An alignment to cry,
At my heart you see,
The beauty of love
as it was made to be


It's Lent, you might know.  And it's such a great time to get back in touch with our divided natures.  The self that wants to do good but can't or doesn't.  And then to remember that blood was shed so that we can be freed by a pure love that does not enslave.  A love that frees us from the evil inside that ensnares and traps and destroys.

And that's inspiring to me.

6 comments:

gwen said...

Wow, Emily! You surely have presented us with lots of deeply thought substance! I may have to get me some M&S. Your pictures are gorgeous too, as always. C's eyes are especially sharp ;)

Ashley Sisk said...

This is such an inspiration - thanks so much for sharing.

Dorry said...

Your words are beautiful, Em. And so are M&S lyrics. And so are your photos! I'm glad you had some time alone to find your inspiration. It really shines in this post.

Mrs. Miller said...

Beautiful pictures. Beautiful post.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!!! I LOVE that photo of Cordelia ;) How darling, and such great colors. AND TEETH!

... I'm going to have to listen to Mumford and Sons now, aren't I? Your enthusiasm is infectious (and often shared)! :)

HeatherBakes said...

Oh I listened to that whole album while I cleaned the house today... gorgeous! Great post :)