Thursday, March 24, 2011

8 stitches later


Eight stitches later, she's going to be okay.  What a warrior!

It was just a bizarre accident.  We were at a museum today and she fell and hit a step and gashed her sweet little head open.  My friend went running for some towels for the blood that spewed everywhere.  Eloise screamed at the top of her lungs "I'm scared!  I'm scared!"  Her little friend just stared with her mouth wide open.  And I wrapped Cordelia's coat around her head to try to stop the bleeding.

From there we quickly went into the museum office where the staff was incredibly helpful.  They called 911 for us and called Alex for me.  A police man came in fairly quickly and stared into her eyes and said he hoped she didn't pass out.  Thank God she didn't!  She is so strong.

So off in the ambulance we went.  Poor Alex didn't know what was going on and his heart was beating so fast until he met up with us.  The museum director forgot to tell him we were ok, he just told him we were in the ambulance.  

8 stitches and we're as good as new.  Or will be soon enough.

We love you, Cordelia!  You're the strongest (and smartest/sweetest/cutest) cookie we know.

13 comments:

Lauren said...

awwww!!! poor thing! what a trooper. =)

Unknown said...

Poor little sweetie! This picture just breaks my heart. I'm glad she is doing better.

Dorry said...

Emily - so sorry this happened, but so glad she's OK! I'm so thankful that you had helpful people around you to help out and get into an ambulance. Poor Eloise. I hope y'all are all resting and relaxing tonight. xo

jblarge said...

Oh my goodness we are so glad Cordelia is ok and hope Eloise is doing well as well. Much love from San Francisco!

Kathleen said...

Oh, Emily. I picture all the hard marble steps in the museums and this just makes me CRINGE! Glad she is ok!

catherine said...

So glad she is okay. Reminds me of my sons first day of MDO when he fell and hit his head on a pebble sticking out of the sidewalk but he didn't need stitches. So glad you had helpful people and she is alright. Praying for a quick healing

Mrs. Miller said...

Praise God she's okay!

Alex and Emily said...

Thanks for all the support. She is the sweetest patient.

Laura-Jane said...

Wow! So glad the museum was so helpful and everything turned out all right in the end! Your poor husband though! I am totally one of those people that often leaves out an important detail when telling important information so I'm sure I've almost given heart attacks before. What a relief I'm sure it was for him to see y'all were all right!

Brooke Koroknay said...

Aw poor, poor baby! My heart was racing as I was reading that post! Glad she's ok. Are those the kind of stitches that dissolve or do they have to take them out?

Molly said...

so glad ann marie was there!

HeatherBakes said...

Poor Cordelia!!! It looks like she got in a baby fight... glad everyone is okay. Have a fun (SAFE!) weekend :)

Anonymous said...

oh my LORD! How scary indeed! (Eloise put it succinctly!) So glad you all survived and that Cordelia is so strong. Like her mama, thinking on her toes and using her jacket to help the bleeding. Poor Alex! He must've been DEVASTATED by the call.

So glad everyone's okay, though. Wow... xoxo