Friday, November 12, 2010

Pretty Things

6:30 am feels so good these days.  I felt as if I was running late this morning.  I crawled into bed at 7pm and read and read and read until I fell asleep.  I'm much refreshed.


It's our Saturday.  Alex is home and we've nothing to do today which is fabulous.  Tomorrow is a different story so I'm enjoying a lazy day today.  Eating leftovers, raking leaves, saving money at Target buying Christmas gifts (in November!) and feeling really good about it.  Watching ESPN.  Oh, no, never mind, that's Alex.


These photos are so pretty.  Just little moments around our house this week.  They make me feel peaceful and quiet.  But just ask my Mom who witnessed a lot of big sister drama this week.  A lot. These really are moments amidst a roller coaster of emotion.  But these are the moments I remember each morning as I wake up to do it again.  If I didn't, I don't think I could get out of bed.


God's faithfulness is on display every single day.  Every new morning is a gift from God, and sign of his eternal presence.

Lamentations 3:22-23

4 comments:

Molly said...

no pictures of gigi to share?

Mrs. Miller said...

Great pictures, Em. Thanks for sharing.

Little FIe said...

love that word. its a great word to us all.

Dorry said...

Good for you getting Christmas shopping done early! I hope y'all had a relaxing day yesterday. Sounds like today is a hectic one.

I'm with Molly - where's Gigi? :)