Friday, January 15, 2010

Process

I'm still adjusting to being a family of 4. It's a process. New layers of change are slowly emerging. The obvious ones have been dealt with for the most part--Cordelia has a room, a bed, a car seat. We all love her, take care of her, and play with her. We allow extra time to feed her, change her, and clothe her. In that sense, we've transitioned to being a family of 4 quite nicely.

What I'm having difficulty with now is the STUFF another person adds to the house. More mess! More mess that I can't manage. I like a neat house. I hate clutter, and crumbs on the floor, and I hate going to bed when there are toys strewn about downstairs. I like to wake up to a tidy house, much like I like returning to a clean house after a long vacation. Isn't that the best feeling? Anyway, I can't keep up. So my new mantra is, "it's a process, it's a process." And that's okay. I think it'll be like this for a long time. And that's okay. Or at least, that's what I'm coming to accept.

No comments: