Monday, July 5, 2010

Not Me Monday

It's Not Me Monday again over at MckMama's.  We're letting loose and spilling our guts.  Telling all the things we didn't do this week.  Wink, wink.


So, in no particular order. . .

I did NOT give Eloise cereal for dinner last night.

I did NOT secretly like sending my husband off to a fireworks church event so that I could eat dinner on the couch in peace while watching the Discovery Health Channel.  Alone.  All by myself.

I did NOT throw a fit when we caught a deer eating ALL of my tomatoes.  Such an impressionable fit that Eloise has been marching around screaming "DON'T EAT MY TOMATOS! GET OUT OF HERE!!  ETC, ETC, ETC!"

I am NOT upset that Eloise throws a fit every time she gets on her bike.  I am NOT upset that her frustration and drama is ruining my plans.  And NOT feeling sorry for myself because I had this nice little plan in my mind that Eloise could ride her bike, I could push the stroller, and we could all get some exercising without whining and throwing a fit.  But now the bike is causing major drama and I know I'm doomed to a life of major drama no matter what and I'm NOT throwing a major pity party.  NOR am I scheming how to get her on that bike again instead of just giving it up.  Surely, I am much better adjusted than that.

And then after announcing to the whole family that I was grumpy because of the previously mentioned drama, I did NOT head straight to the kitchen for a brownie.

Finally, I conclude, my daughter did NOT inherit MY drama.

Did she?


Mckmama- Not Me Monday

8 comments:

gwen said...

ohhh... )-: i'm sorry about the tomatoes and bike.

Jenilee said...

oh boy. been there! the brownie sounds like it was the perfect thing in that moment! :)

Andrea said...

I remember on one particularly bad day when the twins were infants and my son was 2ish. Standing in the kitchen smearing peanut butter on oreos and sandwiching them together!
Come visit anytime! multiplemama.com

Neena said...

And of course the drama is certainly NOT from any of the Grandmothers...

Anonymous said...

It's probably different from an outsider's perspective, but Eloise sounds pretty hilarious- I love the deer story!

Brenda said...

I NEVER enjoy sending my husband and girls out for the night, so I can enjoy an evening to myself;)

Anonymous said...

I love these posts - your humor and honesty makes you an excellent writer! xoxo

Mrs. Miller said...

awesome post, Emily. I've missed your great stories while I've been traveling.